This year New Democrats will gather at the Keystone Centre in Brandon from May 4 - 6 for our annual three day policy gathering.
Convention is an exciting opportunity to get engaged and help grow our party — and work towards social, economic, and environmental justice in Manitoba.
Check this page regularly for all the latest news & updates on Convention 2018.
- February 3: New Membership Deadline (for first-time and lapsed members in order to be eligible to attend Convention)
- February 26: Early Resolution Deadline
- March 19: Resolution Deadline
- March 31: 2017 Memberships Expire (2017 members must renew for 2018 in order to be eligible to attend Convention)
- April 5: Accommodation Deadline
- April 20: Early Registration Deadline, Child Care Registration Deadline & Executive Nomination Deadline
- April 24: Non-Member Visitor Registration Deadline
- April 24: Media Registration Deadline
- May 4 - 6: Convention 2018
- Convention 2018 First Call (All Documents)
- Resolution Format Guide
- Delegate Registration Form
- Visitor Registration Form
- Child Care Registration Form
Each delegate to Provincial Convention must be an individual member of the Party for a minimum of 90 days prior to Convention.
- If you are a new or lapsed member: You must sign-up by Saturday, February 3 in order to be eligible to attend Convention.
- If you are a 2017 membership: You must renew for 2018 by March 31, 2018 in order to be eligible to attend Convention.
Delegate registration is now open for all automatic delegates (all members of Provincial Council, MLAs and MPs elected as New Democrats).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Constituencies are responsible for selecting their delegates on the following basis: five (5) delegate for the first fifty (50) members or less, and one (1) delegate for each additional ten (10) members or major fraction thereof.
Each affiliated unit is entitled to send one (1) delegate for the first 25 members or less, and one (1) additional delegate for each additional 25 members or less or major fraction thereof; up to four (4) delegates for 100 members; thereafter, one (1) delegate for each additional 100 members or major fraction thereof. These delegates must be members in good standing of this same unit and individual members of the Provincial Party.
The number of delegates eligible to represent provincial constituencies is available by contacting Provincial Office.
All delegates, media and visitors are required to check-in at Convention in order to receive their credential. If you have questions about Convention registration, please contact email@example.com.
EARLY REGISTRATION DELEGATE FEES
Regular delegate // $125
MYND and non-taxable income: $50
Early bird delegate fees must be paid by Friday, April 20, 2018.
REGULAR REGISTRATION DELEGATE FEES
Regular delegate // $150
MYND and non-taxable income delegate // $75
First time Convention delegate (1 per constituency) // $25
All delegates must pay their own registration fee for Convention.
Single and double rooms have been reserved at: Canad Inns Brandon // 1125 18th Street
Call 204-727-1422 and quote the group name “NDP Manitoba” or group number “363111” to make your reservation. Rates begin at $129 plus taxes/night for single or double occupancy.
Should additional space be required, rooms are also available at:
Group Name: “NDP Manitoba” // $118 plus taxes/night for single or double occupancy // Call 204-728-1880
Group name: “NDP” // Rates begin at $115 plus taxes/night for single or double occupancy // Call 204-728-5775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rooms at each hotel will be held until April 5. Rooms tend to sell out for Convention. Book today to avoid disappointment.